Friday, August 25, 2017

Vicious Attack Cat / Thermoweb

Hello, friends! It's Friday...yay!!   Today I’m sharing a fun layout for Thermoweb.  We celebrated our pets this week over on the blog.  I used some of the Gina K. Designs Foil Mates and Gina K. Designs Fancy Foils to create some fun circles.  I love creating fun mixed media backgrounds to showcase my photos, and circles are such a fun design element.  I added a fun circle die cut to my white cardstock background first and then added some clear gesso to prime the page.  I used some blue and green ink sprays with some plastic packaging to create those watercolor splotches.


To create a foiled effect on the Foil Mates, you do need a laminator.  You simply place the foil on top of the Foil Mate, place them on the inside some parchment paper and then feed it through the laminator.  When you peel away the foil, you’re left with a gorgeous page of shiny circles!  I loved how the actual foil looked after I pulled it off, so I cut circles from that and added them to the page, too.  I love how this foil turned out.  The photos don’t do it justice.  When it hits the light it just shines!  It’s super easy to machine stitch through them to add some extra silver shine.  I used some papers from older American Crafts and Studio Calico lines.


I created a fun cluster over to the right with patterned paper, stickers, a flair button and more of the foiled circles.


I tucked in more foiled circles at the top of the page.  I mixed and matched my title using some older silver glitter Thickers, some Crate Paper Oasis alpha stamps, and some older dark grey Studio Calico alpha stickers.  You can really see the beautiful shine on the Foil Mate here.


You can see how different the foil looks in different lights.  That is the beauty of it…it changes from every angle.  I really love how this color scheme turned out.


Here’s a close-up of the title area and the top Foil-Mate circle.  Again…gorgeous shine!


I tucked in a doily die cut here at the bottom and then added some journaling down at the bottom.


I hope this inspires you to find fun and unique ways to use the Foil Mates and Fancy Foils.  They are super fun and the results are amazing.  Be sure to check out my process video to see how this all came together.



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have yourself a great weekend!

2 comments: