Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Sunshine Love / Bella Blvd

Happy Wednesday, friends!  Today I'm sharing a new layout for Bella Blvd.  I started off this week's Pinterest Inspired projects over on the Bella blog.  I have found so many fun inspirational images over the years, and I was really excited when I found this bright and festive diamond-shaped design.  As soon as I saw it I knew I wanted to recreate it on a layout.


emmajanenation.com


I used the Popsicles and Pandas collection for this.  It's full of fun summer colors and patterns.  What I love about this design is that it allows for a lot of different patterned papers to be used in small pieces.  I mixed and matched lots of the 6x8 Paper Pad papers combining patterns & solids.  I used a square punch to create all the squares and then punched out two photos of my daughter walking around our pool.  It was fun working with such small photos like this.  It gave me lots of room for embellishing.


I used a light pink cardstock as my background.  I added some white gesso before applying some watercolors using plastic packaging.  I used the Illustrated Faith Shanna's Favorite Watercolors, and the colors turned out so pretty.  I glued down all the squares and then machine stitched with white thread around the edges of each one.  I ruffled up the edges to create some dimension.  I added a bit of tissue paper and foam under the photos to give them some lift and then started embellishing.  I used a few cute flamingos from the Paper Pieces as well as some Fundamentals Stickers.


I kept most of the embellishments on an angle.  I used some Illustrated Faith Cardstock Stickers, some Puffy Heart Stickers, Enamel Dots and Ciao Chipboard to complete my title. I used a light blue gelato to add some color to the chipboard letters.  I smudged it on with my finger.


Here are some of the gorgeous puffy stickers in the collection.  I used that adorable flamingo.  These title stickers are the Wonky Alpha Puffy Stickers in Cotton Candy.  They matched the light pinks in the layout perfectly.


I created a cute little cloud cluster at the top right combining some of the Popsicles & Pandas Paper Pieces & Puffy Stickers as well as some of the Illustrated Faith Cardstock Stickers.  I layered them all together and added a bit of foam and thread.


Here's one more close-up.  I really love how the texture and dimension looks here, and that super cute watermelon puffy sticker is my favorite!


I hope you are inspired by this project and the Pinterest image!  It was fun to put together.  You can check out my process video if you'd like to see how I created this page.



Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great Hump Day :D

No comments:

Post a Comment