Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Sweet Sunshine / Paige Evans Design Team

Happy Tuesday, friends!  I'm back today to share my newest layout for the Paige Evans Design Team.  Our theme this week is "Something New."  I decided to use a new punch that I have had for a few months but hadn't even opened yet.  It's a Tab Punch from We R Memory Keepers, and I used it in a different way.  I made little banners from lots of punched tabs!

I used lots of papers from the Oh My Heart & Take Me Away 6x6 Paper Pads and the Fancy Free 12x12 Paper Pad.  I used white cardstock as my background, and I added some Shimmerz Paints using some plastic packaging.  I overlapped the banners and machine stitched through them all.  I bent up the edges of the tabs to make them look more realistic. I went light on the embellishing since the tabs created a pretty busy background design.


I used pink, coral, golden yellow and periwinkle inks on the background to pull from the colors in the papers.  I just wanted a little bit of messy color behind everything.  I tucked in some floral die cuts from the Oh My Heart Ephemera Die Cut pack, some Oh My Heart Puffy Stickers, and a fussy cut circle from the Fancy Free 12x12 Paper Pad.  I also added in a few Oh My Heart Chipboard Stickers.


These tabs made it really easy to create dimension here.  You could also create banners with a triangle punch or a circle punch.  Just cut the circles in half and you have a banner :)  I wrote a line of journaling above one of the bottom banners.


For my title, I fussy cut "Sunshine" from the Oh My Heart Gold Foil Specialty Paper and paired it with some of the small alphas from the Oh My Heart Sticker Book.  I also used a few papers from the Oh My Heart 6x6 Paper Pad as layers behind the photo.


Here's another look at the dimension and shadowing effects.  I added in a sticker below the photo...it's a row of tea cups, but I used it on its side.


Adding in layers is a great technique to create depth and dimension.  I like doing this around my photos, especially when the photos are black & white.


I just couldn't stop taking pictures of the banners :)


I wish I had a never-ending supply of these beautiful flower die cuts :)


I hope this inspires you to try something new!  Even if it's something small, like trying a new punch.  This was lots of fun to create :)  Check out my process video if you'd like:



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!


1 comment: