Thursday, June 29, 2017

Hello Hello Beautiful / Hip Kit Club

Hello again, friends!  Today I wanted to share another layout for Hip Kit Club using the 2017 May Hip Kits.  My theme for this particular layout was to use alphas in a creative way.  I decided to use one of the exclusive cut files that Nicole designed and repeat it in different sizes.  I cut four "hellos" in different sizes on white cardstock.  I wanted it to take up a lot of space and to be tone-on-tone with the white background.  I angled all the cut files and machine stitched through them.  I used some of the Prima Watercolor Confections from the Color Kit on my background to create the watercolor splotches along with some Shimmerz Paints.  I embellished with lots of florals, stars and a few hearts.


I love this white-on-white look.  I like that it's very subtle technique yet very effective and pleasing to the eye.  I used some of the clear sticker flowers from the Shimelle Sticker book (Project Life Kit), and the light blue alphas are Hip Kit exclusives.


I fussy cut this gorgeous floral wreath from one of the 4x6 Project Life cards...it's so pretty!  I also used a few of the 3x4 PL cards as layers behind my photo as well as some tissue paper.  I used a few of the white foam Thickers and some thread from my stash.


Here's another close-up of the cut files.  I really like the dimension they have here...I didn't want to glue all the loopy letters down, so they kind of stick up off the page.


I wanted some small smudges of color here and there, so I added a small amount of pink, aqua, yellow, light blue & grey.  I added some foam and thread under this die cut heart.


I created a visual triangle with the watercolors...this is the bottom right corner.  I also used some gelatos.  I love how the cardstock's texture shows through those.  Here I also used more of the Shimelle stickers and a fussy cut flower.


I have been wanting to use those gorgeous Crate Paper chipboard flowers, so I layered them around the photos.


I do have a process video like always if you'd like to check it out...


Thanks so much for stopping in today!  Have a wonderful Thursday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment