Sunday, May 7, 2017

Oh My Heart / Bella Blvd NSD 2017!


Happy (inter)National Scrapbooking Day (or weekend)!  Yesterday started off an awesome weekend of scrapbooking and crafting, and Bella Blvd had a fun InstaHop with Illustrated Faith happening over on Instagram.  I participated in it, and I created this fun layout using the Make Your Mark collection.

I was in the mood to use patterned paper as my background, so I chose this beautiful light pink polka dotted paper.  I used white acrylic paint to cover a portion of the dots, and I used a big dry brush to apply it.  I used a big heart punch from my stash and punched several large hearts from various patterned papers from the Make Your Mark 6x8 Paper Pad.  I wanted those colors to pop through on my background, so I used some of my Shimmerz spray inks in pink, golden yellow and aqua.  I used the packaging technique, and I also splattered.  I did add some black splatters at the end.


Once I had the hearts arranged like I wanted them, I lightly taped them down with my ATG and then machine stitched through all of them with gold thread.  I like how this allows me to bend up the edges and make them more dimensional.  I pulled out the Oh My Stars Washi Stickers and added some phrases around the page as well as this strip of hearts.  I used the "Oh My" as part of my title and added in some of the Ice Wonky Puffy Alpha stickers to complete it.  The "I love you more" is a stamp from the Illustrated Faith You Are Loved collection.


Here are more of the Oh My Stars Washi Stickers.  I love how the pops of black look.  Since my photo was black & white, I wanted to echo that around the page.  I also added in some coordinating colors of tangled thread here and there.  I love how the white paint fades out some of the circles, yet you still see plenty of them.   That's a great technique to do if you want to use busy patterned paper as a background.  This helps to lessen the "busy-ness" of it.


To add some dimension to my photo, I added some adhesive foam under it.  Just that little lift makes a big difference, I think.  I did add a few black Washi Sticker hearts around the page.


Such pretty colors in this collections!  I love the bold patterns, too.  By punching hearts out like this, I was able to use lots of busy patterns without the overall look of the page being too overwhelming.  Busy patterns in small doses goes a long way!


This smaller heart is actually a die cut from the Paper Pieces pack.  I treated it just like one of the punched hearts and stitched through it.


I hope this inspires you in some way.  It was lots of fun to make!  If you love Bella products, then you don't want to miss out on this huge Warehouse Box Sale going on NOW!  Check out the link listed to get yours!



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a GREAT scrappy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Missy,
    Another gorgeous layout. 👍 I was wanting to ask a little advice & as I'm not sure how else to contact you have done it here. Hoping you don't mind. I have watched your videos over & over as they are just awesome & think I have finally gained enough confidence to give this mixed media a go. Have had a little play with the packaging technique with the very limited supplies I have & it's turned out OK. My question I was wanting to ask is what shimmers products you would suggest as a sort of starter pack for a newbie. I love the colours of the products you use & would love to get a few different ones but not sure what. Any suggestions would be great fully received. Thanks again for all the beautiful pages you share. You are truly an inspiration.
    With Kindest Regards,
    Carol Argyle

    ReplyDelete