Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Love Your Face / Paige Evans Design Team

Happy Tuesday, friends!  I'm back with a new layout for the Paige Evans Design Team.  Our theme this week is the Oh My Heart 12x12 Paper Pad.  It has all of the patterned papers as well as more rose gold foiled papers and laser die cut papers.  I used one of the laser die cuts as part of my background design here.  If you don't have an electronic die cutting machine, these are perfect!  All the work is done for you.

I used the Oh My Heart 6x6 Paper Pad to back some of the open spots and then adhered the entire thing to some white cardstock.  I left the right side open so it would be more tone-on-tone with the white.  I love how you can still see the die cut shapes in a more subtle way.  I covered a lot of the area with white gesso and then used ink sprays and gelatos to add smudges of color that matched all the papers.  I couldn't resist documenting this hilarious photo of my child crossing her eyes in the swing...haha! 


I love mixing and matching all three of Paige's collections.  I used a few of the Fancy Free Wood Veneer pieces here and then topped it off with a Take Me Away Chipboard Sticker.   I combined some Oh My Heart Chipboard Stickers with some Take Me Away Thickers for my title.  I love how the mixed media in the background turned out.  You can still see a lot of the cardstock's texture through the gelatos.


Here's a closer look at the title.  I fussy cut "sugar" from one of the papers from the 12x12 Paper Pad and used it as part of the title.  Again, look at the fun texture!  I love overlapping pieces like this, and paired with the mixed media background is my favorite!  I also did a little machine stitching around all the hexagons with white thread.


More layering around the photo here.  That's a fun Fancy Free Wood Veneer piece and a fussy cut flower from Oh My Heart.  I added some tangled thread for added color and texture.  I think I could fussy cut these flowers all day long....they're so pretty!


I decided to create a fussy cut flower cluster in the upper right corner.  I layered some thread in there and popped up the little orange flower.  I am completely in love with how this turned out!


I used one of the open hexagons to write my journaling.  I used the Oh My Heart Acrylic Stamps to create the lines.


Here's one last close-up of the laser die cut paper.  It really simple to use these...very easy to back the open areas with patterned paper.


I do have a process video for you...I hope you enjoy!


Thank you so much for watching and stopping by!  Have a wonderful day, friends :)


1 comment:

  1. absolutely marvellous! so fresh, so much light... love is in there.
    kisses from Mexico Missy

    ReplyDelete