Sunday, March 19, 2017

Spring Beauty / Bella Blvd

Hey, friends!  I'm back today to share my newest layout for Bella Blvd.  Our theme this week was Spring or St. Paddy's Day and the new Barnyard collection.  I chose to create a Spring themed page.  When I think of Spring, I think of pretty bright colors, sunshine, flowers and butterflies.  I used a butterfly cut file from the Silhouette Store to cut several of them using papers from the 6x8 Paper Pad.  I used the back of the Borders paper (yellow) as my background.  I went over a lot of the center area with white gesso and then added in lots of blue, aqua and pink watercolors.  I love how the mixed media creates a messy yet dimensional look.  I embellished with some adorable die cuts and stickers.



The fun thing about using butterflies is you can easily bend the wings up to make them look like they're in flight.  I lightly adhered them here and then machine stitched through the centers using white thread.  I added some tangled thread under some of them for extra texture and pops of color.


How cute are these die cuts?!  I layered in a little tree and some darling little chicks around my photo.  Chicks definitely scream Spring!  I used some of the new Wonky Alpha Puffy Stickers for my title, and I combined them with a cardstock die cut I created using my Cameo.  I used a bit of blue gelato at the bottom of it to give it a little bit of color.


I love how this turned out!  I love that those wings are popping off the page.  And I couldn't resist using that cute sun with the little clouds!  Too adorable.


I layered in one of the Designer Clips here as a layering piece.  I love that even though a lot of this collection is centered around a farm or barnyard, there are still some general elements.  You really can use this for lots of themes.


I used another cute chick here on the left of the photo, and I also added in a few of the stickers from the Fundamentals sheet.


Here's one more look...I did add some foam under two of the chicks and then wrote my journaling underneath the title.


I hope this gives you some fun ideas to try...and remember to think outside the box if you have a themed collection.  You don't always have to use it as it's intended :)

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

1 comment: