Friday, March 24, 2017

Everyday / Simple Stories

Happy Friday, friends!  Today I'm sharing my final layout for Simple Stories Creative Team.  I will not be returning to the team for the next term.  I have had a wonderful year with the team, and I know the new team will knock your socks off with inspiration!  A huge thank you to Layle for giving me a chance and for always being so supportive of my crazy mixed media style :)

For this page, I used the adorable Domestic Bliss collection.  I was inspired by the "Home is where my bunch of crazies are" 3x4 cut apart and knew I had to use that.  I decided to go with a grid design and used two photos about the same size.  I used another cut apart with a house to echo the "home" part.  These silly photos are of my children wearing a pair of goofy glasses, and they just make me laugh!  They are definitely my little "crazies" and I love them that way :)

Overall, this is simple page for my style.  I used some kraft cardstock as my background and covered a lot of it with white gesso.  I used some Shimmerz sprays using the packaging technique to create four sections of color.  I stitched right through the center using grey thread.


I decided to use a really big title in the center, and I used the Shoreline font and cut this on my Cameo on white cardstock.  I stitched through it for added detail.  here you can see the fun little stickers I added, including Clear Stickers and some from the 4x6 sheets.  I did add some foam under everything to give it some lift.


I used a few bits of patterned paper behind my photos as well as some tissue paper and tangled thread.  I used some cute LOVE stickers here.


On the side of this photo, I used some TODAY letters I fussy cut from patterned paper.  Again, I added tangled thread and a cute "Work it, girl, sticker.


Finally, I had to add this cute chipboard house and a brad.  I just love how simple and fun this turned out!  The products shine as well as the photos.


Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I've had a wonderful year sharing my Simple Stories layouts with you.  I hope you've enjoyed them!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment