Monday, December 19, 2016

Hip Kit Club / Merry Trampoline

Happy Monday, friends!  I'm back today to share a new layout for the Hip Kit Club featuring the 2016 November Hip Kits.  Our theme last week was Cut Files, so I used the "oh joy!" from Tiffany's set.  You can find all the exclusive cut files on the Hip Kit website.

I love all the nontraditional colors in the these kits.  I decided to scrap some cute pictures of Paige two Christmases ago when Santa brought a trampoline.  She was bouncing and laughing...such a cute moment.  I created somewhat of a grid design with my title in the middle.  I used all three products from the Color Kit which included the Echo Park lined stencil, Shimmerz Dazzlerz Foiled Again and Shimmerz Coloringz Well Blue Me Down.  I also added in some of the Glorious Day Vibez from the October Color Kit and some silver splatters.  I used just a bit of patterned paper to back my photos and line the edges of the background.  I also punched the large pink circles from patterned paper.


I used lots of goodies here.  You can see the cut file here. I cut it on white cardstock and a few patterned papers.  I used lots of the exclusive sequins, washi tape, puffy stickers, die cuts, and I did some silver machine stitching.  I used some of the silver glitter Thickers in the center, and I love how big they are.  I also added a bit of the Pinkfresh Studio washi tape under the title.


Here you can see the layers under the photo.  I added foam under them to give them dimension.  I love these little trees!  I love mixing and matching products, and these just look so cute together!  The gold one has foam under it.  Just by adding that little bit of dimension makes such a big difference, I think.  I also lightly traced around the Thickers to make them pop a little more.


Here you can see the Shimmerz paste up close.  It's such a pretty shimmery silver color.  I'm really becoming addicted to sequins lately...and there are more of them in the December Hip Kits...yay!


I did some machine stitching here and added in more puffy stickers and tangled thread.  I just love how all of this looks together up next to the black & white photos.


I really love how machine stitching just gives a nice finishing touch to a layout.  I did add in a cute exclusive flair button here as well as a few more die cuts and puffy stickers.


Here's my weekly process video if you'd like to check it out.  Thanks so much for watching!


Thanks for stopping by!  Have a terrific holiday week!

2 comments: