Friday, November 11, 2016

Using Older Supplies / Swimming

Happy Friday, friends!  Woo hoo...bring on the weekend!  I have another layout for my Using Older Supplies series I'm doing on my YouTube channel.  For this page, I pulled out some Echo Park Here & Now to start and wound up adding in some Crate Paper Poolside.  It was lots of fun to play with some of my hoarded stash and mix collections.  I was in the mood to scrap a pool photo, and this collection was the perfect one to use for it.

I love this background paper.  It reminds me of a pool and has those awesome circular ripples in it.  Plus it matches my photo perfectly :)  I added a big chunk of the dotted paper over the blue and then smudged some white gesso over a lot of it.  I wanted to fade out some of the circles.  I came in with some pink and yellow Kuretake watercolors on the background.  I fussy cut those beautiful white flowers from patterned paper and used them as layers.  As I was digging through the papers, I found that circle die cut in the mix...apparently I had already cut it a long time ago and didn't use it. I layered up some papers behind my photo and began embellishing.


This is pretty straight-forward.  You can see all the paper layers, tangled thread and watercolor here.  I also added a flair button right on top of my photo.  Since there was a lot of open space there I didn't think it took away from the photo.


I added a cute sun sticker from Crate Paper under the flair as well as some tangled pink thread.  That helps break up the blues and adds some fun texture.  I added another EP sticker to the left and stitched through it.  The "swimming" chipboard sticker is from CP Poolside, and it was the perfect match for this page.


I added another flair button from A Flair For Buttons and also a cute ice cream cone chipboard sticker.  That one is actually from EP Summer Bliss.  I liked how it looked and the color was perfect, so I used it :)  I fussy cut that little camera from patterned paper.


Here's another close-up of the top of the photo...lots of detail and texture.


Finally, for the bottom area, I added my journaling and more stickers.  Instead of using my date stamp, I decided to use up some of the EP alpha stickers.  I felt like I need to add more yellow and pink down there, so I added a border sticker and half of a flower sticker.  The stitching finished it off.


Here's my video for this layout...I hope you enjoy!  Hopefully you'll get some fun ideas to try.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment: