Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Using Older Supplies / Always Cheesin'

Happy Wednesday, friends!  I'm back today to share another layout for my Using Older Supplies series I'm doing on my YouTube channel.  I pulled out the Fancy Pants Meology collection from 2014 for this.  I hadn't planned on using white cardstock for my background, but a happy accidental discovery happened, and I wound up using it.  You can see what I mean in my process video down below :)

I used Shimmerz for the background.  I fussy cut those pretty flowers from patterned paper and used some of the 3x4 cards as well as other papers for layers behind the photo.  I still had so much of this line left over...I used some stickers, die cuts, chipboard stickers, buttons and that cute flag up top.  A few of the black stickers are from a MAMBI sticker book I got from Michael's.


I originally made this background on a piece of patterned paper by spraying some Shimmerz through this Heidi Swapp stencil.  I flipped the stencil over to stamp the excess spray onto this white cardstock and wound up loving how it looked!  So that became my background :)  I love how the colors blended together...so yummy!  Here you can see all the layers behind the photo, including some foam for dimension.  I used several MAMBI stickers here, too.


I fussy cut the black camera from patterned paper as well as that orange flower.  The other one is from the die cut pack, and I added foam under them both.  I also added some blue & green thread, stickers and some buttons.  The "love" sticker is another MAMBI.


I almost didn't mix in any green on the page, but I'm glad I did.  Plus, I had to use this phrase for this funny and cheesy photo...haha!


I almost didn't do any stitching, either, but I changed my mind.  I did some straight stitching in several places, and I'm so glad I did.  I love the detail it gives!


Finally, I pulled out some older American Crafts Thickers that I've been hoarding.  I combined "always" with black alphas from the FP sticker sheet.  I used small orange circle stickers to make my date.


This was fun to create, and I challenged myself to not use my Cameo.  I tend to use it so much, which is fun and wonderful, but I wanted to use up some stash.  Here's my process video if you'd like to see how I put all this together.


Thanks so much for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Love this picture of your sweet girl Missy!! And an incredible page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so beautiful! And very interesting video, thank you!

    ReplyDelete