Thursday, June 23, 2016

It's What He Does / Hip Kit Club

Happy Thursday, friends!  I'm back today to share my latest layout for Hip Kit Club.  This is my first page using the 2016 June Hip Kits, and wow!  It was a challenge to decide what to use first.  Our theme for last week was Father's Day, so I created a photo strip of my husband and our girls in the pool.  The colors of the photos helped me select what to use on the layout.

This 4x6 Project Life card jumped out at me, and I decided to make it the first piece of my design.  Since the arrows were pointing to the right, that's where I placed my photos.  I used a 3x4 PL card with matching colored circled on the right of the photos as a layer.  I used some gesso and the new Shimmerz colors from the Color Kit, Pink Stilettos and Mandarin Mai Tai, to create all that watercolor look. I also added in some Jeni B Bleu from last month's kit.  I stitched around the big card in navy thread to make it stand out a little more before adding all the embellishments.


Here you can see the watercolor and the texture from the gesso.  You do have to be careful on the PL cards...they really weren't made to withstand a lot of water.  After it all dried, I created the title using some of the Simple Stories alpha stickers and the Jillibean Soup alphas.  I added my journaling underneath.  I also added a Heidi Swapp chipboard sticker and some tangled thread.


This Jillibean Soup frame was fun to use...I tucked my photo strip into it so it overlapped it.  I used some Shimmerz to paint it to match and then stitched through it.  I added a Fancy Free button and Simple Stories sticker.  I also added in some of the navy paper to tone everything down.


For this side of the layout, I needed that pop of blue to match the photos, so this awesome exclusive puffy sticker was perfect.  I added a touch of green with the thread.  That cute camera is from the Becky Higgins die cut pack, and that's a Simple Stories brad.  The navy arrow is from Kim Watson's exclusive die cut pack.


Lots of different things here--Simple Stories sticker, Becky Higgins die cut, and a Maggie Holmes rubber piece.  I love these fun colors together!


For the bottom under my journaling, I added in a strip of blue paper to echo the blues, a scalloped puffy sticker, a die cut, a sticker and a brad.  I tried to represent all the colors in this area.


Here's one more close-up of the title area.  I decided on this as my title because it says exactly what it means...it IS what he does.  Being a great dad all the time to our sweet girls!  It just comes natural to him.


Here's my process video if you'd like to check that out...


Thank you so much for stopping in, and have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. How fabulous! Love your journaling too. Very heart-warming! :)

    ReplyDelete