Friday, April 15, 2016

Together / Scrapbook Circle Guest Designer

Hooray for Friday....yay!  Today I am sharing another layout I created for my Guest Design spot over at Scrapbook Circle.  The April Main "One Fine Day" Kit contained the Elle's Studio Bits & Pieces, and I was challenged to use them in a non-traditional way.  I accepted that challenge, and I decided to create a fun banner with them.

I laid them all out and chose several of them to create a big banner stretching across the page.  I used all the tags and turned them upside down.  I filled in the other areas with labels, tabs and other fun pieces.  Once I had them arranged, I taped them to a scrap piece of white cardstock.  Then I ran it through my sewing machine.  Next I cut around all the edges so the entire banner moved around as one piece.  None of the pieces were moving, and I could place it anywhere on my layout.

I used a lot of white gesso, colored texture paste and watercolors on my background.  I wanted lots of aqua coming from behind the photo, and I used contrasting colors as layers behind my photo.  The "together" chipboard piece was white, so I used pink and yellow acrylic paint to color it...I love how it turned out!  I used pop dots under the banner and that allowed me to raise the title up as well.


Here you can see the awesome dimension from the banner...whoever invented pop dots is a genius!  I added some Pinkfresh Studio stickers, Dear Lizzy stickers and more Elle's Studio pieces on top of the banner here...as well as some tangled thread.


Here's another angle of the banner.  I stapled this Elle's Studio heart here.  I love soft pink and grey together.  All of the colors in this collection look gorgeous together.


This lovely chipboard piece from Bella Blvd was so fun to play with!  You can leave them white or paint them.


Here's one last close-up of the photo area. I created lots of layers, including some tissue paper from my stash.  I layered this cute sparkly bow and one of the wood veneer pieces.


It was lots of fun using the die cuts in a different way.  Sometimes you get the greatest results when you are challenged to do something you wouldn't ordinarily do.  I love that about scrapbooking!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Love this layout - creative way to use the embellishment to make a banner!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very awesome layout! Love the colors and all the mixed media! Very fun!

    ReplyDelete