Saturday, April 9, 2016

Scrapbook Circle Guest Designer

Hello again!  I'm back today to share that I am the April Guest Designer for Scrapbook Circle!  I was so excited when Jenni invited me, and I had a lot of fun playing with the April "One Fine Day" Main Kit and the "Now or Never" and "Stay Cool" Add-On Kits. 

I was instantly drawn to this beautiful blue wood grain paper from Webster's Pages.  It's so different and unique, and it made the perfect background.  You can probably guess what I did to it...haha :D  Yep...I added white gesso and lots of fun watercolor.  I was inspired by the Simple Stories paper with all the pretty circles, and so I fussy cut a lot of them out.  I also used a circle punch on the Fancy Pants corrugated paper.  I wanted a random look with the circles, and after they were adhered, I machine stitched through some of them.


This awesome acrylic "lucky" piece is in the Main Kit, and it's perfect for a title. I added in lots of little goodies in this area...Simple Stories Brads, Elle's Studio die cuts, Pinkfresh Studio stickers and washi tape, and that pretty little polka dotted bow.  I also punched a few circles from some of the Pinkfresh 6x6 Paper pad.


I did more of the same on the other side of the page. This mint colored corrugated paper is so fun!  It gives awesome texture, and I was able to punch it easily.


I used the packaging from the Elle's Studio Bits & Pieces as a layer here.  That pink color and the stripes were just too pretty to toss!  I also scattered some of the Pinkfresh puffy sequin stickers around the page.


Here's one more close-up of the journaling area.  I fussy cut a few circles from the Dear Lizzy 6x6 Paper Pad, and also a few words from the back of the Simple Stories circle paper.  Those words make excellent accent pieces!


I have a process video for this layout if you're interested...it's how the layout was made from start to finish.  I hope you enjoy!



Thanks so much for visiting me today!  Be sure to check out Scrapbook Circle, and stay tuned for a few more projects from me this month :)

5 comments:

  1. love what you did with the kit Missy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo Beautiful Missy!!! Love it so much!! Hugs~Dani

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo Beautiful Missy!!! Love it so much!! Hugs~Dani

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Missy! This is just as cute as can be! LOVE all those happy, little, patterned circles! You've had the opportunity to work with an awful lot of kit clubs out there. I recently canceled my Hip Kit Club orders just because I really don't like how heavily they depend on Facebook for customer challenges and whatnot. I'm not a Facebooker. Anyway, I'm on the hunt for another club and have an awful lot of prospects but would love to know which one or two that you think are the most well-rounded and have opportunities for playing along with monthly challenges... when you get a minute ;).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous! Congrats on being the Guest Designer!

    ReplyDelete