Thursday, April 14, 2016

Lovely / Hip Kit Club

Hey there!  It's Thursday, and that means I have another layout for Hip Kit Club to share :)  I used the 2016 March Hip Kits to create this, and I used lots of Pinkfresh Studios and Basic Grey goodies.  I seriously love all of these amazing colors...they are just so pretty together.  I had been eyeing that beautiful Project Life card with "Oh Lucky Me" on it, and I finally punched it with a circle and used it.  All those strips were cut from a Pinkfresh paper, and those gorgeous flowers are from the Basic Grey pack.  I went over the background and strips with white gesso before adding in some Shimmerz Paints.  I used some from the Color Kit and some from my stash.


These die cut letters are also from Basic Grey, and I used a pink gelato to color them.  I love how they look over the watercolor background, and they contrast so nicely with the all the blue elements.  I punched a few hearts from one of the 4x6 PL cards, and I created some watercolor leaves with the green Shimmerz, the PFS stamp and a leaf punch from my stash.


I wanted some yellow around the photo and layers, so I did a very tight stitch around it to make a frame.  It's not perfectly straight, but I love how it turned out.  These hearts are a mixture of PL cards punched, Elle's Studio die cuts, PFS die cuts and one PFS wood veneer.  Mixing and matching is so much fun!  I also used a PL card and some of the exclusive Hip Kit paper for my layers here.
 

A flower explosion happened here!  These colors are my absolute favorite.  I added some yellow thread for extra texture and pops of yellow, and I added some of the PFS puffy sequins to the center as well as a few enamel dots.
 

Here's a closer look at the PFS banner die cut.  I used some Shimmerz to color in the banner to make it pop a little more.
 

Here's my process video if you'd like to see how I created this layout.


Thanks for watching and for stopping by!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment