Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Laugh & Love / Hip Kit Club

Hello again, friends!  Today I'm sharing another layout I created for the Hip Kit Club featuring the 2015 December Hip Kits.  I began with the Studio Calico Seven Paper background sheet and added some white gesso to the white half.  I used the Tickle Me Turquoise Shimmerz Paint to create a watercolor effect.  I used one of Nicole's cut files (the big heart) and enlarged it to fit almost the entire page.  I backed the open triangles with lots of patterned papers and 3x4 Project Life cards from the kits.  I was in the mood to do some hand stitching, and so I pulled out some aqua and dark pink floss and did just that.  I also did an outline with my machine in black thread.


I created some layering here, including one of the Heidi Swapp mistable tags.  Again, I used the Shimmerz Paint on it.  I just love the texture from the hand stitching, and plus it makes your page look even more hand made.


I love going through all of the papers and cards and choosing which ones to back the cut file with...you can really get a lot of pattern and color by doing this technique.  I added in some of the Crate Paper chipboard pieces as well.


I used the Magenta Shimmez on this Heidi Swapp die cut word and paired it with one of the gold glitter Thickers.  I love combining alphas and stickers for titles!  And who can resist gold glitter?!


Here's one more close-up of the small cluster on the bottom right.  I used one of the flair buttons with one of the Crate Paper die cuts & chipboard pieces.  My journaling fit right in there.  I finished everything off with some gold and black ink splatters.


Here's my process video if you'd like to check out my process.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment