Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Whatever / Hip Kit Club

Happy Tuesday!  Today I'm sharing my latest layout for Hip Kit Club using the 2015 October Hip Kits.  I decided to go bold on this layout, which is so different than my last Hip Kit layout.  I pulled out the Pebbles black & white dotted & striped paper and the Amy Tan pink and orange paper and made them work together.  I limited my color scheme to just these colors, and I used black & white pictures to make more of a dramatic impact.

I adhered all of the patterned papers and washi tape strips and then added white gesso.  I used the plus sign stencil and some distress inks to create a bit of a patterned on the background, and then I used some of the Prima Watercolor Pencils and gelatos to create a watercolor look.  I also used some of the arrows from Nicole Nowosad's cut file set.


I covered this wood veneer girl with white gesso and then used gleatos to color her.  I decided to add her because of the photos...my daughter is so NOT a girly girl, and she would rather be barefoot and dirty any day than wear a dress.  So I was being sarcastic...haha :D  I was trying to get her to sit on the curb and pose in front of the flowers, and she did for about 3 seconds before getting up and running off.  It's a funny memory, and I love it.  I did a lot of messy stitching here, and I added in that big Pebbles ampersand, some Heidi Swapp enamel dots and some Pink Paislee stickers.


Here you can see lots of the detail.  I layered in some tissue paper under the photos as well as some tangled black thread.  I also layered in some more of the enamel dots.  I love these colors against the black and white!


I think stitching makes such an impact, especially when it's black.  It really pops, and I like how it looks against the black & white pictures.  I love the texture it gives as well.


I just had to use the Dear Lizzy Thicker here....haha!  It makes the perfect title.  I mixed in the Evalicious alpha stickers to complete my title.  I used the die cut arrows to show direction and then added my journaling underneath it.


Here's my process video if you'd like to check out.  I hope you enjoy!


Thanks for stopping in today!  Enjoy your Tuesday :)

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout! Love all the layers and watercolors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I wish I could scrap like you! You're completely amazing! I could sit here all day, for many days, looking at your spectacular designs over and over. You totally inspire me!

    ReplyDelete