Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Hi Hey Hello / The Cut Shoppe

Hey there, friends!  I hope you're week is going well.  Today I am sharing my latest layout for The Cut Shoppe using three different cut files.  I used two older sets mixed with a newer one.  I used that fun brush stroke with the heart from the Doodle Dandy set and a few flowers from the Funky Florals set.  I used the Hi Hey Hello cut file for my title.  It's so fun to mix and match different cut files together!


I used the Pink Paislee Memorandum collection for this layout.  I was inspired to use it because of the purple color in my daughter's shirt.  The purple in this collection matched perfectly!  I used the purple patterned paper to cut a large brush stroke and used that as a big base for my photos.  I added a bit of floral paper to the bottom and top of the page and then made sure those colors were mixed in to the middle of the design.  I went through several layers of gelatos, spray mist and paint to get my title just the right color.  I used gelatos to color the die cut flowers and then added some buttons to the centers.


I started out coloring this die cut with different colored gelatos.  I didn't like how it looked, so I added a few different colors of spray mist.  I didn't like that, either, so I finally painted over it all with some blue acrylic paint.  I added pop dots under it since I raised my photos up as well.  I love this cut file because it can be used on any type of layout.


I fussy cut a few flowers from the floral paper and added a washi tape heart.  I also added splatters in a few different colors and some silver machine stitching.


These flowers turned out so cute, I think.  I haven't used buttons in forever!  I added some silver thread to the centers for a bit more detail.  I love these pretty colors together!


Here's a shot of the bottom of the layout.  I added in a few paper layers, a flair button, a washi tape heart and some machine stitching.  I like making sure all the colors from the center are represented in the lower and upper parts of the page.  Does that make me OCD?  :D


You can check out how I put this page together from start to finish if you'd like.... I hope it inspires you in some way!


Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this layout! Your title really came out great!

    ReplyDelete