Sunday, September 13, 2015

Cute Little Face / Hip Kit Club

Hey there!  Today I'm sharing my first layout for Hip Kit Club using the 2015 September Kits, and I am LOVING them all!  I couldn't wait to incorporate some of this gorgeous royal blue color into my layout.  I used these adorable pictures of my daughter, and they were perfect for these Amy Tan Finders Keepers papers and embellishments.

I started with white cardstock and the Amy Tan Rub-Ons, which are available in the Main Kit.  I decided where I wanted my photos and then I traced around them with a pencil.  Then I added the Rub-Ons around that area, so I knew they wouldn't be covered up.  Next, I used one of the American Crafts small stencils from the May Color Kit along with the Lemon Twist Yellow Paint Dabber from the same kit and created those fun lines on the background.  After that, I used some pink gelatos to create a bit of a watercolor look.  The rest is layering the adding embellishments.


One of my favorite parts this month is this awesome Elle's Studio alpha stamp set in the Color Kit!  I used Archival Ink to create the words LOVE and SMILE, and then I used a few of the Distress Markers from the Color Kit to give them some shading.  I added some of the Amy Tan coordinating die cuts, one of the acetate pieces (banner), one of the gold AC arrow paper clips, more rub-ons and a Crate Paper chipboard arrow.  I topped all that off with some blue machine stitching.  So much going on, but I love how it all looks together.


Here's the right side...a bit of the Amy Tan washi tape (from Embellishment Kit) mixed with more die cut pieces.  That adorable camera is a puffy sticker...it's so soft!  I couldn't stop touching it...haha!  I have more rub-ons here, too.  I almost used the whole pack on this one page!


There are so many fun alphas in the kits these month.  I combined one of the Crate Paper Wonder chipboard title pieces (Main Kit) with some of the October Afternoon navy blue alphas and the wood grain Thickers.  I think mixing and matching the title is really eye-catching and just plain fun.  Plus it gives you more opportunity to add more color and interest to the page.


Aren't those stamps so awesome?  I love how the background turned out...the mix of yellow, pink, blue and teal came out nicely, I think.  I added another puffy sticker, more die cuts, more rub-ons and even a little chipboard bird from the CP Wonder collection.


Here's my process video of putting this layout together if you'd like to watch.  I hope you enjoy!


Thanks so much for stopping by today, and have a wonderful Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Love this layout!! You always make it look so easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this layout!! You always make it look so easy!!

    ReplyDelete