Wednesday, September 16, 2015

2015 September Issue of CREATE Magazine is LIVE + a bonus Hip Kit Layout

Happy Wednesday, friends!  I have a few things to share today...first of all, the 2015 September issue of Scrapbook Generation's CREATE Magazine is now live!  Woo hoo!  You can download your FREE copy HERE and get tons of amazing scrapbooking inspiration from a variety of crafters!  I have two layouts published this month, which I will share in the coming weeks.


I also wanted to share this bonus layout for Hip Kit Club that I created a few weeks ago using the 2015 August Hip Kits.  I used a lot of the Dylusions Paints that came in the Color Kit.  I used my small square acrylic stamping block as a stamp to create the background, and I added lots of the Dear Lizzy washi tape and some machine stitching.  I started out with this just being a lot of pink and yellow, but I decided to add in the red and teal.  I love how it turned out!


This Dear Lizzy washi tape roll has been very well used by me this month!  I really love it, and it can be used in so many ways.  This awesome Pinkfresh Studio rubber charm tag was perfect for this page, and so were the gorgeous Dear Lizzy chipboard pieces!


Since this photo on this page is of my daughter on her birthday, I just had to use the YUMMY letters!  Even though she's not eating cake, I had to use all the fun birthday elements :)  Here you can see some of the modeling paste I used through one of the exclusive Hip Kit stencils as well.


I think the teal really sets this color scheme off...it's just the right amount added in.  I love this messy background....and it was really fun (and fast) to make.


I used these awesome Pinkfresh cursive alphas here for a small title...the color matched perfectly!  I think I could stare at this texture and color all day.  I love how the texture of the cardstock shows through!


Here's one last shot of the cute candles!  I also added in a fun pink glitter chipboard heart from Freckled Fawn.  All of these goodies are in the August Kits!



Here's the process video for this layout if you'd like to see how I created this background.  I hope you enjoy and give it a try!


Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. Absolutley beautiful! I love the stamping you did with the acrylic block! Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect page for Miss Pickles!!! Adorable page and loving the block with the Dylusions :) Always enjoy the process videos Missy!

    ReplyDelete