Sunday, August 2, 2015

This Was Fun / Hip Kit Club

Happy August, friends!  I can't believe July is over...time is seriously on fast forward.  It's crazy!  On to a new month....here we go!  Today I'm sharing my latest layout for the Hip Kit Club using the 2015 July Hip Kits.  I decided to start with white cardstock on this one, and I was in the mood to fire up my Cameo.  I created this background cut file design very easily.  I just found a font I liked and typed the words over and over again until they filled up the areas I wanted to cover on the paper.  Once it was cut, I backed the words with various patterned papers, painted cardstock and some of the Simple Stories Washi Paper Strips.


I wanted to add more blue behind the photo, so I used the Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink from the May Color Kit to add that in.  My little girl is in the pool here, but the sun washed out the pool water because she was under an umbrella.  I can't have a pool layout without BLUE...haha :D  I also added in lots of the Crate Paper chipboard pieces and my usual tangled thread.


I also added some machine stitching in between each line of words.  Here is the cluster to the left of the photo...a fun Simple Stories chipboard frame, some kraft Thickers, some Elle's Studio die cuts, an October Afternoon flair button and a few puffy stickers.


Here's a close-up of the background.  For the "skies" I used some gelatos to create the color I wanted on white cardstock and then I cut it into strips to back it behind the word.  This was a fun and easy background to make!


One last close up...more chipboard, a wood veneer from Elle's Studio and more awesome puffy stickers from OA.  These products layer so well together.


Here's my process video for this layout if you'd like to check it out.  Hope you enjoy it!


Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Have a great Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Eek!!! This is amazing! LOVE this! The background with the letter cut out is fabulous!!! Love the paper choices behind them and he stitching between each row!! Yay!! Awesome layout!

    ReplyDelete