Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Love This Lazy Day / The Cut Shoppe

Happy Tuesday, friends!  I have a new layout to share with you today for The Cut Shoppe.  This page features two awesome cut files:  Get to the Point and A Banner Day.  Those arrows are very popular these days!  I've seen lots of you awesome scrappers using this file already, and the projects inspired me to use it as well.


I shrunk the arrows down to a smaller scale and used a small circle photo in the center of them.  I actually began this layout without a photo.  I used that Basic Grey paper as my background first thing and didn't know what kind of layout it would turn into.  Surprise...it's a Summer page!

It took many turns and had many ups and downs along the way.  I did back every arrow with patterned papers from American Crafts Rise & Shine and Echo Park's I Love Sunshine.  Once I had a rainbow theme going on, I knew I had to make a bright and summery layout.  I ran into a bit of frustration with adding my inks and sprays behind the photo, but I kept working at until I was satisfied.


I knew I had to use this "Love" banner as part of my title, so I cut it big enough to stretch from the photo to the edge of the page.  I traced the edges with black pen and then stitched through it.  I also traced several of the arrows and added black lines on some of them just to add more pops of black.  My three flair buttons are from A Flair For Buttons.


I used stickers and chipboard pieces from both AC and EP collections.  I do like how the rainbow colors look against the black and white background.  It's definitely different than my usual pool layouts :)


I added in a few stamps around the page as well.  The papers behind my photo are from the AC Sketchbook collection as well as Echo Park.


Here's one last look at those awesome arrows...this cut file is definitely one of my favorites!


Here's my process video of how this layout came together...I hope you enjoy!




Thanks so much for stopping by today!

1 comment:

  1. This. ❤️ So much!!!!!! All of that color with th b&w and greys...swoon!

    ReplyDelete