Thursday, August 27, 2015

Happiness is You / My Mind's Eye

Hey there, friends!  Today I'm sharing my latest layout for My Mind's Eye.  I'm loving the new My Colors Cardstocks from MME, and I pulled out some of this gorgeous yellow Glimmer cardstock.  It's called Sunglow, and it coordinated perfectly with the Now & Then Milo collection.  I found this beautiful cut file in the Silhouette Store and used several patterned papers to back the eye-shaped open spots.  I did a little gelato work on the background to show through the diamond shapes.

I kept the embellishing to a minimum so it wouldn't compete with the patterned papers.  I used a few chipboard pieces and a few stickers.


Once I had all the patterned papers adhered, I popped the entire shape up with pop dots.  I love the dimension and the shadowing created from that height.  I added a few chipboard pieces underneath the shape and also a bit of tangled thread.


Here's another angle of the design.  Backing die cuts is such a fun technqiue, and it's really easy once you decide on the die cut you want.  I love the silvers mixed in with this collection...so pretty.


I used my pearlescent watercolors and a small brush and painted "you" and then just cut it out.  I love doing this, and it's a fun way to make a unique title.


Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I am looking forward to working with the new MME collections...you can check them all out HERE.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. ahhhh this is super gorgeous!!! LOVE the color and paper mix going on!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooooooooow!!! All of the backing of the die cut is so pretty!! Lovely colors!! And I love that your wrote YOU and cut it out! It's beautiful, and so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete