Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Friday / Hip Kit Club + a Process Video

Happy Sunday, and Happy Mother's Day!  Today I'm sharing my very first Hip Kit Club layout using the 2015 May Hip Kits. They are SO bright and beautiful...they remind me of both Spring and Summer.  They're full of American Crafts, Pink Paislee and Chickaniddy.  And there's a fabulous Color Kit containing a gorgeous blue Distress Ink and two pretty Ranger Paint Dabbers.

I created this for my first project.  The background paper is American Crafts, and I added some white gesso to it before I got started with the inks and paints.  The pretty blue ink is Mermaid Lagoon, and I used the packaging technique with it.  It's the most gorgeous blue color!  Next, I used the package of AC stencils that come in the Color Kit (those lines and little triangles) and the green and yellow Paint Dabbers. You just dab the paint right over the stencil, and there you have it.  I did what I seem to always do on my pages...add paper layers behind my photo, then add stitching, and then add all my embellishments.


I love how the pink dots on the paper show through the other colors.  This was really fun to make.  The paints dry pretty quickly, so I didn't have to worry about the colors running together.  I added some stitching in a darker blue color and then added some tangled thread in a lighter blue.


Here is a mix of embellishments...enamel stickers and paper from Chickaniddy, chipboard and die cuts from Pink Paislee Citrus Bliss, and alphas from Pebbles.  I cut the word "Friday" on my Cameo, and that cut file is from The Cut Shoppe.  I traced around it with a silver pen.


I can't get enough of this blue color....oh my gosh.  It's so pretty!  The green and yellow with it is just the perfect Summer combo, I think :)  I love the lemon paper that I used as a layer...it's from the Chickaniddy 6x6 Paper Pad...several papers are included in the kits.  I did my journaling right on my paper here.


One more close up of the bottom layers.  That adorable wood veneer is from Evalicious.  I added pop dots behind the blue sentiment strip as well as some tangled thread.


I hope you've gained a bit of inspiration from this...the May kits are pretty versatile.  Very bright and pretty...and I can't wait to see what the rest of the Hip Kitters create!  Go HERE to check out the kits!

Here's my process video...hope you enjoy!


Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. This is is beautiful! I am always in awe of the way you mix and add color! Gorgeous and wonderful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! Thanks for the awesome video. Love your techniques, color choices and the end result/layouts are amazing. Thanks for sharing.

    Leanne in CA

    ReplyDelete