Thursday, March 12, 2015

Today / My Scraps & More

Happy Thursday, friends!  Do you ever make a layout and think....oh my gosh....this turned out way better than I thought it would!  That is exactly how I feel about this page.  Usually my layouts take a completely different turn and look nothing like I imagined in my head.  I wasn't sure where this one was going to go, but I really love the end result!

I made this for our Cabin Fever Crop last week over at My Scraps & More.  There were lots of challenges inspired by Winter and being trapped inside for months :)  I issued a challenge inspired by images of four different board games.  One of the games was Perfection...remember that one?  It had a bunch of plastic geometric shapes with little handles and you set the timer and pushed the plastic part down and had to  put the shapes in the holes in under a minute.  Once the minute was up, the plastic piece popped up and all the pieces went everywhere.  I had that one when I was a kid!  I was inspired by all the geometric shapes.  I found these awesome heart cut files in the Silhouette store, and I cut them and used the negative pieces to recreate the hearts.

I colored each piece with gelatos...it did take some time, but I just love how it came out!  I pulled out some very old American Crafts rub-ons....they were past their expiration date apparently because they didn't rub on very well.  They were very dry and some of them just weren't coming off.  However, I like how it looks around the photo...so it worked out well.


I used several pieces from various American Crafts collections and a few Crate Paper rub-ons.  I just love all of these bright colors together!


Here's a close up of the rub-ons...see how the orange and pink went on really splotchy?  At first I was disappointed, but then the more I added, the more I liked that sketchy look.  I just kept adding tape, stickers and rub-ons until I was happy with it.


I love this Heidi Swapp stamp set.  I fussy cut this stamp out...that is such a great way to make your own embellishments.  That little camera is from a Recollections collection from Michael's.


I hope this inspires you to check out Pinterest and peruse all of the images you can find...you'd be surprised where you can draw inspiration from.  Who would've thought an old game would help me create this?

Have a great day, and thank you for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Your design is fabulous and I'm in awe looking at all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Missy!! I love the negative pieces of the hearts colored with the Gelatos, and the grid design looks really awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hearts and all the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. I am totally gonna scrap with this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it Missy! Fabulous design idea and it makes that gorgeous photo pop! I was and still am a Perfection game fan. it was one that I had to get my dd when she was younger and we still have it. Always a challenge to see who can complete it the fastest.

    ReplyDelete