Sunday, November 23, 2014

My Scraps Sketch #94

***If you're here for The Cut Shoppe & A Flair for Buttons Blog Hop, go HERE!***

Happy Sunday!  Today I wanted to share the layout I created using the newest sketch up over at My Scraps & More Sketches.  It was designed by one of our awesome members, Michelle Gallant.  I'm a huge fan of her work, and I just love her sketch!  It leaves lots of room for interpretation.



I started with the new Elle's Studio Good Cheer collection and some white cardstock.  It's VERY hard to photograph mostly white cardstock...the lighting is never right.  So this photo is as good as it gets.  Sorry for the different variations in color on the background.

I used these photos from a few years ago.  Santa visited the school, and Reese wanted nothing to do with him!  I snapped a few pics before she bolted...haha!  And he was a great looking Santa, too!  Oh, well.  I used some clear gesso on my background and then I grabbed a chevron stencil and my Tim Holtz distress ink pad in Spun Sugar.  I added a little pink to the background and then added in some aqua watercolor. I used a red gelato as well.  I love mixing up the media!  I also used some silver ink and a triangle stamp to add more interest.

I added in lots of paper layers and a few die cuts I had laying around on my desk.  I layered in some shiny silver thread and some stitching as well as some silver star rub-ons from Studio Calico.  Those tiny little red stars are a stamp from Elle's Studio.


Here you can see the layers and textures on the background. I love how the texture of the cardstock shows through really well when you use gelatos.  If you wet it a lot, the texture gets covered up, but if you leave it a little drier, you can see it show through like this.  I had to get a little creative for my aqua rhinestone there...it's actually a clear one that I inked. I wanted a pop of aqua there, and I don't have any aqua bling.  So I made it aqua.


I used the Elle's Studio alphas here as well as a title cut on my Cameo.  I love all the little stars around the page...so perfect for Christmas!


Sometimes I get on a Cameo kick and just cut several different shapes in white. I keep them on my desk for random projects, and these circle hearts were one of those.  I like having extra little pieces lying around to add in.  These worked perfectly.  I added a sticker and another rhinestone here.  And I think I love silver as much as I love gold!  This thread is just gorgeous, and it looks awesome stitched or tangled.


One more angle...I love the dimension created here.  That's easy to do if you just curl up the edges of your layers and use pop dots under your photos.  It raises everything up a little without adding lots of bulk.


I hope you're inspired by this sketch and layout...if you play along and upload your layout HERE, you could win an awesome prize!  Go check it out on the blog HERE!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I love the water color and the pink/blue combo for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors you used on this layout, Missy!! Such an awesome take on the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning!! The colours are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete