Monday, September 29, 2014

Just a Couple of Crazies / My Scraps & More

Happy Monday, friends!  Just popping in to share a layout I created for a challenge last week at My Scraps & More.  I've been trying to use up some of my Glitz stash, and this was made using the Color Me Happy collection.  I decided to really change up the black and white triangle background by covering it with gesso.  I then added random stamping, some watercolor paints and some circles.  I used gelatos to get that colored shaded look inside them.  I was just in the mood for messy and colorful, and I love how it turned out :)


I love the giant rhinestones in this collection.  I decided to add a few of my own smaller ones to add a variation of color.  I also added lots of washi tape here and there.


Here's my journaling,  more rhinestones, more tape, more gelatos...more of all of my faves!


Here's a good shot of the layering and stamping.  Sometimes it's just fun to get messy and not really have a plan!


Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Have a great Monday :)

3 comments:

  1. Love what you did with this collection, Missy!! One of my favorites from Glitz and you really rocked it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh love this layout! Do you have any tips on how you keep your patterned paper to curl up when adding gesso and water colors?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys! Lisa, I usually sit my layout on the floor with heavy things lying on top of it overnight so it takes the curled edges out. I'll sit my bottle of gesso or my tub of modeling paste on any part that curls up, and by the next day it's flattened out. I hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete