Monday, July 7, 2014

She Shines / My Scraps & More

Happy Monday, friends!  I have another patriotic layout to share today.  I created it for My Scraps and More, and it was up on the blog Friday.  I hope all of my American friends had a fun and happy 4th of July! 

I really didn't have a plan going into this layout.  Only that I wanted to use lots of red, white and blue.  I started with a simple Silhouette circle star cut that I've had in my files for a while.  I created a lot of them, resized them, and then welded them together to create a fun and festive background.  I used watercolors, Dylusions sprays and gelatos to create messy background after I gave it a good coat of gesso.  I rummaged through my never-ending pile of patterned papers and found the light blue with red dots and then I paired that with some of the new My Mind's Eye Necessities paper in the Reds line.  I dug through a drawer of random scrappy "stuff" and found some old Prima flower packaging (the white with red checkered lines).  I knew I saved it for something!

I also threw in some washi tape, thread, brads and rhinestones here and there.  I cut my title using some REALLY old shiny silver star paper that came from....I can't even remember!  Funny how you collect scrappy things and then they get hidden somewhere in the depths of your scrap room, and years later you stumble upon it...haha.


Here you can really see the shine.  I love that metallic look.  Those cute red star brads are from Walmart, I think.


Lots of fun layering going on here.  Isn't that silver thread so pretty?!


A closer look at the fund die cut here...I love that the white really pops against the reds and blues.


I hope this somehow inspires you to create something patriotic! And also to dig into your old stash and see what you can find...I'm telling you, you just don't know what's hidden in there! :D

Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by :)

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout Missy! I love the way the star die cut looks, layered over the ink in the background!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect page to celebrate! I've been seeing that silver thread everywhere lately. So pretty! And all your shiny bits and that yummy background are totally fabulous!

    ReplyDelete