Thursday, April 24, 2014

Lots of Layers / Chickaniddy Crafts

Hi there, friends!  Today I'm sharing a fun and festive Spring layout with you featuring the beautiful Twirly Girly collection from Chickaniddy Crafts.  This page focuses on Spring time and showing how adding lots of layers can really make your layout stand out.  You can also check out this page HERE on the Chickaniddy Blog today.

The Twirly Girl collection is just bursting with bright reds, pinks, yellows and greens.  The perfect line for Spring time photos.  The cute pictures of my little one running around in her pink dress showcase everything so well.  Layering really isn't all that difficult.  The hardest part is deciding which papers you want to use.  My process is always to find the smallest layer to go behind my photos, and it needs to be a color or pattern that doesn't compete with the photos.  The next layer is a contrasting color and pattern, and it's always a little bit of a bigger piece.  Then, depending on how many layers you want, you just keep adding another paper behind it while making sure it's a contrasting color and pattern.  They'll all just blend together if they are similar in color.  It really depends on the look you're going for, though.


I also like to layer my title stickers over die cuts sometimes.  I cut this circle pattern on my Silhouette Cameo and layered it into my photo layers.  Then I added my title on top of that.  I cut "spring" in white cardstock and then used watercolors to paint it a coordinating orange color to make it stick out. I also traced around the pink alphas with a gold pen since I was adding gold accents around the page.


Another fun way to add a layered look is to add pop dots to embellishments.  This big pink flower sticker creates a shadow and depth.  This is great for adding thread or other embellishments underneath it. I also added a brad and a little banner piece here.


Again, another shot of paper layers.  You really can create so much interest just by sticking little pieces in behind other pieces.  This green piece was one of the little card-sized pieces cut from a piece of patterned paper.


Another touch of gold here...I punched a few butterflies from the gold foil paper.  It's so easy to use!  It cuts and punches very clean and easy.


So don't be afraid to create lots of fun layers on your pages.  There are lots of ways to experiment with it...have fun trying!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

Supplies Used: TG140S05 Paper Posies, TG140S10 Grandma's Quilt, TG140S11 Never Grow Up, TG140S01 Rosy Posy, TG140S02 Birthday Girl, TG140S04 Keepsakes, TG14EB01 Alpha Stickers, TG14EB02 Sticker Sheet, TG14EB04 Mini Sticker Tags, TG14EB06 Brads, CN14SP001 12x12 Gold Foil Paper, Recollections Washi Tape, Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine, thread, Silhouette Cameo, cardstock, Sharpie Black Pen, Pentel Gold Pen, Recollections Date Stamp, StazOn Ink.

3 comments:

  1. really beautiful! that nice combination of colors! Greetings from Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty use of this collection Missy! I love the Gray diagonal stripe in the background with the Pinks and Reds layered around your cute photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this collection too, but I don't do girly nearly as well as you do :) I'm glad for the inspiration....now I need to find some "girly" photos :)

    ReplyDelete