Monday, March 10, 2014

My Mind's Eye Now & Then {Izzy}

Hey there, friends :)  I’m beyond excited to share this layout with you! For the next four days on the My Mind's Eye blog, you’ll be seeing projects created using the new Now & Then collection. I could barely contain myself when I first received all the new goodies…everything is so amazing! My project focuses on the Izzy range, and even though it’s geared toward boys, I used it to highlight some adorable pictures of my sweet (but wild) daughter.

When I spread out all of the Izzy patterned papers, I knew I wanted to incorporate the green, blue, orange and yellow into my layout. It was tough to choose which ones to use because I love them all! It’s always hard for me to narrow down what I’m going to use on a layout because I literally want to use every single piece!

I decided on quite a few of them, but I used a lot of them sparingly so you only see bits of each one. I wanted a bold pattern behind the photos, so I chose the “Happenings” Frolic (navy & white stripes). I added a bit of modeling paste and watercolors to give it a bit more color here and there. I wanted to add a bit more of the turquoise color that is in the multi-colored chipboard banner, so that’s where the watercolor came in.


I was immediately drawn to this banner piece. I loved that it had all the colors in it. I used it as a divider between the top and lower half of the layout. I added my title just above it, and I used some of the cute “Dream Big” Alpha/Word stickers. A lot of this collections centers around dreams, so I wanted that to play into my title. I like that the word “dreams” is raised up a bit. It gives it some interest and depth.


I layered a fun chipboard piece here with a label sticker and a 3x4 card. I simply tore the title off and used just the top half. I added an enamel dot as well. I wanted a bit more pop of yellow, so I painted around the edges of my journaling. I love this background paper (“Smile” Regard) because of all the square and rectangle shapes. There are a ton of ways to use them. I chose journaling.


Something fun and new in this new collection is the Flair Pins! They are so much fun and easy to use. They immediately add dimension and a pop of color. They’re great for layering, like I did here with this chipboard flower. I added a fun button to the flower…don’t you just love that bright green color?!


Lastly, here you can see the texture a little bit better. I love adding modeling paste to projects, even if it is subtle. I just added a few lines here, but it has a neat effect. I watercolored over it, so it toned down the white. I also added in some thread tangles in a few places. I like the way it gives it a messy and uneven look while adding a pop of color in just the right spot. I also layered in more chipboard…that adorable film viewfinder! I cut it in half so I could use it on both sides of my photo cluster.


I have to say this is one of my favorite collections so far! The colors are just stunning, and all the embellishments make it fun and easy to create with.

I hope this inspires you in some way to try and use at least one of everything in the collection. And don’t be afraid to throw in some paint…watercolors are hard to mess up!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. So cute, Missy!! I love how you mixed the colors from this collection and the diagonal stripe is so fun at the top of your page!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really wouldn't know this line was geared towards boys. Great job. I love it when collections are so versatile. Love the texture created with the modelling paste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet! So eye-catching. Love it!

    ReplyDelete