Friday, August 9, 2013

She's Comfy (My Creative Scrapbook)

Three cheers for Friday!  Woo hoo!  I hope you are all doing well today.  I'm sharing another page I created using the August Main Kit from My Creative Scrapbook.  It's such a girly and feminine collection from Echo Park, and I wanted that to show through on this page.  Even though my daughters aren't the frilly princess type, I still like to make things girly sometimes :)

I used a butterfly mask and some modeling paste on my background.  They turned out kind of lumpy and smudged, but I like it that way.  I went over them with some paint and then added the same shades of blue in other areas.  I fussy cut the scalloped circles, the flower clusters and the yellow butterfly.


A close-up of the pretty Prima flower...I smushed it around some.


I used one of the chipboard buttons here.  These arrows are fun for adding in a little extra, too.


Here you can see the beauty that is modeling paste imperfection!  This is why it's so great for texture.


You can get your hands on this kit by going HERE......and there are lots of other kits to choose from!  Check out the gallery showing all kinds of inspiration using all of these amazing kits!  I still have two more layouts and four cards to share in the coming weeks...yay!

Thank you so much for taking a peek today, and have a wonderful Friday!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Missy. I stumbled upon your blog and love your layouts. I enjoy connecting with other paper crafters and I am following you via GFC. Stop by and say hi!
    Leslie
    www.thememorynest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another cute creation! Love all those butterflies, your design and those fun adorable photos!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this one Missy!! You nailed the cute, girly look and it goes perfectly with those adorable photos!! I love that you used a grid design, but kept it messy and fun!

    ReplyDelete