Friday, July 26, 2013

Washi Rainbows {Love My Tapes}

Happy Friday, friends!  I have a fun page to share with you today using lots of washi tape from Love My Tapes.  

Before I get to the details, I want to say that this is my final project for the Love My Tapes DT.  I have thoroughly enjoyed creating projects for the last four months, and I will truly miss working with the lovely ladies over there.  They are all so talented, and it has been a lot of fun!  A huge thanks to Tina and Annette for their leadership roles...I know it wasn't easy.  They were awesome, and I will miss them.

Now....on to my page!  You know I love rainbows, and they work really well when you have black and white photos.  I started with white cardstock and used an arrow template and black ink to create subtle arrows.  Next, I used a template I created using my Cameo.  I used rainbow colored spray inks to make sort of a "rainbow ombre" effect across the page.  I then pulled out a rainbow variety of washi tapes and just added a strip or two of each color.  Stamps came next...just random placement here and there.

I pulled out my little container of little multi-colored glass pebbles for this one....totally forgot about them!  I've had them for years.  A few flowers here and there finished it all off.  And I'm not a huge flower user...but sometimes I just have to pull them out :)


Surprise...I used buttons...haha!  Love how you can really see the cardstock texture up close.  Oh, that's a rub-on in there, too.


I love this technique...just winding up floss, twine or cord into a circle and gluing it down.  Looks like it just sort of fell there.  I love it!


I hope this rainbow inspires you to create something fun and bright today!  Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

  1. Such a fun and vibrant layout! Great design!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cool idea. I love this. I have a love affair with my washi tapes too :D thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous layout. Everything is perfect, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So awesome Missy!! Love the rainbow effect and the Washi Tapes in the background! Lots of fun touches on this one!

    ReplyDelete