Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Love Love Love

Hey there, friends!  I'm sharing a page today that I created a few weeks ago for My Scraps and More.  I finally got my hands on some Gelatos...and I can't believe I didn't try them a long time ago!  They are AMAZING and so easy to use.  You just use them like a tube of lipstick...rub them on your paper and then spritz with water and rub it with your finger....and you have an instant water color effect.  I did this on some white cardstock first.  Then I used my Cameo to cut the word LOVE all over another sheet of cardstock.  I used the negatives and placed it over the gelato paper.  I really loved how it turned out!

I used papers and embellishments from Crate Paper's The Pier collection.  Love the little chipboard frames!


I'm a big fan of distressing and crinkling up the sides and corners of patterned paper layers. I also love adding string of some sort...twine, floss, jute, etc.


I cut out one of the tags from one of the patterned paper sheets, added an eyelet and some string.


A little journaling completes the project.


This is one of my favorite pages...I wanted to try something I never had before and it turned out exactly like the idea I had in my head.  That doesn't happen often...haha!

Thanks for taking a peek today, and enjoy your Wednesday!

7 comments:

  1. I am completely addicted to gelatos! They are awesome! I love this page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my gelatos and cannot wait to see what you do next with them! I adore this page and The Pier line by CP is just fabulous for that precious nugget of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the Gelatos, Missy!! These are definitely right up your alley! :)) The rainbow effect is so cute and I love the piece you added over the top, with Love cut out of the White cardstock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, WOW.. I NEED gelatos now after seeing this LO. You have won me over with them! this is amazing! I love all the negatives!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are definitely a gelato girl! I just started playing with them...gorgeous, colorful layout! Love your negative space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this page. Must get myself some gelatos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Missy, this is awesome!!! Love the bits of background peeking through, just gorgeous!! I have spent some time browsing your last few posts...LOVE them all, you are such an insanely talented woman!

    ReplyDelete