Thursday, March 7, 2013

Guest Designing at My Creative Scrapbook

I'm so excited to share that I am a Guest Designer at My Creative Scrapbook this month!  When Delaina, the DT Coordinator, contacted me and asked if I'd do it, I didn't even think twice.  I'm very honored to be a a part of their team for March :)  Pam and Delaina are awesome, and the DT creates stunning work.  I can't believe I'm scrapping with them...woo hoo!



My Creative Scrapbook has a few different kits to choose from each month, and they're all AMAZING.  I got to work with the Main Kit.  It's full of 5th and Frolic from AC and Prima.  There are some adorable wood pieces included in the kit...birdies & butterflies...those are my favorite part!  Look how cute!


You can check out the other kits HERE.  There is so much to choose from!

I'm dying to show the projects I made with my Main Kit.  The colors are SO right up my alley, and these were papers that I hadn't got to play with yet.  This page was so fun to create!  One of the sheets has all these small frames, and I just cut them out and used small 2x2 photos in them.  My little Paige kept anticipating the flash from the camera, so before I even pressed the button, she'd start squinting her eyes!  Too cute :)  I added some watered-down paint for the background to add some more pink.  I also painted my birds & flower.  Those little wood pieces are so versatile!



A lot of the 5th and Frolic stickers relate to "home," so I wanted to do a page about being at home.  I just love the tree branch, and the little wooden birds are perfect here.  I layered a lot here and added some blue & yellow paint.  I added some of the blue paint to the patterned paper right behind my photo as well.


This page shows how you can use the gorgeous Prima stencil.  I simply rubbed some pink ink over it, and there you have a very pretty pattern.  I used three of the beautiful Prima flowers...they match these papers SO nicely!  I also colored the white lace included in the kit.  I have a tutorial on how I did that coming up later this month on the MCS blog.  I also painted the butterflies.

This is my final page.  I started with some Kraft cardstock and added some messy yellow streaks.  My silly child went through a phase where she slept with her hand down the back of her diaper...haha!  Reminds me of Al Bundy from Married With Children :D  I added lots of layers, and I cut the big heart with my Cameo.  I colored the lace pink for this page.  I also treated the wooden flowers as if they were buttons and added twine bows.  This picture just makes me laugh :)


That's it!  Thanks so much for visiting me today and checking out my pages!  Don't forget to check out the My Creative Scrapbook Kits HERE.  So much beautiful scrappy goodness!  Thank you so much to Pam and Delaina for having me...I had so much fun creating for you!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! These layouts are so awesome! My faves are the first and the last one! I just love what you did with the frames on the first one and boy, you rocked that kit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!! These pages are stunning. I just love your style. Every time I'm here I find something new to love about your work. :)

    ReplyDelete