Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Challenge Me Happy #19

Howdy, scrapper friends! I want to share with you a layout I created for the latest DT challenge at Challenge Me Happy. The task is to create your own embellishment. I made the little blue ribbon flowers. They're so easy to make!

I loved this photo of Paige's little curls...I felt like it deserved a scrappy page all to itself :) I used some coordinating papers from Michael's...the Recollections brand. So many colors & patterns, and when I have a 40% off coupon, I'm definitely buying it!

I started with some Kraft paper and then added lots of drips & splatters of blue & green watercolor paint. I made it really watery so it would be kind of see-through. I painted around the perimeter of the page the same way. I like the way the color of the Kraft sort of dulls the color...I like that effect.


These little flowers are so easy...I just punched a circle and covered it with my tape runner. I start in the middle of the circle and just start adhering the ribbon while turning the circle. It becomes this little spiral flower...and then I just added a pearl to the center.



I loved this unique sketch from Page Maps, so I jumped right on it.


The amazing sponsor for this month is once again

The winner will win a delicious Nikki collection!! You can't beat that!

Hop on over to the blog and see what the other team members created...so many different homemade embellishments! Thanks for your visit...I'll be back tomorrow with ScrapFIT's latest workout :)

2 comments:

  1. wow! neat page-- I Love your use of watercolors! I might have to buy some of those. Your flowers are so neat-- I want to try that. You do such a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my new favorites!! I love the beautiful design of this page, using the sketch and the kraft, teal, and green are so pretty together!! Love the paint splatters and the texture with the rhinestones, twine, and flowers!

    ReplyDelete