Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My first published layout, Sketchy Thursdays & more

I'm beyond thrilled to see one of my little ole layouts in an online magazine!! Scrapstreet.com has SO many wonderful ideas and projects to share.

I did this layout months ago but couldn't share it until it was published. Here it is!


Please visit Scrapstreet.com Magazine to see my layout along with MANY other AMAZING creations!! It's so mind boggling how creative people are!

I also did this week's Sketchy Thursdays sketch...I'm really almost finished with my Christmas pictures, I promise! LOL! Just a few more.

Here is the sketch:


And here is what I made. I used some Bazzill cardstock and papers from a DCWV Christmas stack. I LOVE my EK Success big border punch...love the scallops & circles! I played around with a flourish stamp and white ink pad...I hadn't done that in a while. I've been in the mood lately to tie cute little bows on buttons lately :) The little Merry Christmas Santa is actually a gift tag that was on a gift from last year! I saved it because I knew it would look adorable on a layout one day :)


And here is one more Christmas page I made. I used one of my Martha Stewart Punch-Around-the-Page punches...LOVE those! (Thank you, Michaels 50% coupons!)... I used papers from MME's Winter stack, and some Kraft cardstock.


I used my Christmas Cheer Cricut cartridge to cut these snowflakes, and then I used some old microbeads to give them some dimension. I've had these beads such a long time, and I hardly ever use them. I love the look they give!


I cut the banner from cardstock, stamped a tiny circle design on the triangles, added some stickles, stitched some red floss to hold it together, and finally added some cute rhinestones at each point. So easy and cute!



I based this last layout on this sketch from The Scrappiest:

13 comments:

  1. Congrats on being published. You do beautiful, impeccable work.....love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these are wonderful! Love the bunny one! Congrats...

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your layouts are gorgeous. Congrats on getting published!!! I'm in the mag along with you (Backstreet Beat pages). Glad you got to play along with us this week at Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! These are lovely! Your details amaze me! Congrats on the publication- the first of many I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WooHoo!!! The LO for Scrapsteet is adorable! Love what you did with the alphas for "somebunny", that bunny image and the bow! Love all the white stamping in the Santa's Busy Night LO. And that border punch looks fabulous in the last LO, also love her little hat and the stitching!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your page for Scrapstreet. It is really cute and clean and just really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are beautiful! Congrats on being pubbed, that is awesome!
    love your take on the sketches! Beautiful colors and design! So much to look at!
    Thanks for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all just adorable! Wow! Thanks for joining us at Sketchy Thursdays this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. CONGRATS on the PUB!!! I love love love all your lo's!! GORGEOUS! Thanks sooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on being published!! The LO's are fabulous especially the first one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm just going to leave a big ol' WOW here and say I love them all. I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but I can't help it. I love your style!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your layouts.......the bunny one is so cute, beautiful photo's! Congratulions on being published

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the LO's!! beautiful! and congratulions

    ReplyDelete