Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Horses & Trees...

Here are a few quick pages I feel like I threw together. Sometimes pages take forever and sometimes they don't. I am not really happy with either of them. I had the ideas of how I wanted them to look and they just didn't turn out like I'd hoped.

These pictures of Reese horseback riding at school were so cute, and I wanted to put a lot of them onto one page. I knew I wanted to use a cute little horse from the Create a Critter cartridge (because they're just too cute to pass up!)...and while the horsie is adorable, the rest of the page is just....ahhhh...okay. Definitely not my favorite. It's kind of plain...but I didn't want to overshadow the pictures because they're pretty busy.


I cut my title with my Cricut and then embossed them. I also tied some "hay" around a few of the letters. That part I think is really cute :)


Again...another "blah" page. I had this cute idea of doing a tree layout, since Paige is falling over in the pictures...and I wanted to use "Timber" as my title. But the colors just didn't gel and the landscape scene just didn't go like I'd hoped. It looks rather elementary to me, and I'm not happy with it. But, it's done, and the pictures are the most important part, anyway.


I've been working on several other pages for Design Teams, and also my Guest Design spot at Scrap-A-Little on April 1st. Hopefully my "mojo" will return and I'll bust out some great layouts!

3 comments:

  1. You might not be happy with them but I think that they are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think there's anything wrong with your mojo. You're being too hard with yourself. But I do know what you mean. Some layouts you love and some, are just okay. Anyway I think these are great! Love the masking and the horse on the first layout. The tree layout is adorable and such as great title. I love the stitching!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Missy and welcome to Paper Issues!!! So glad to have you on the crew! :) Dawn

    ReplyDelete